Guidelines for International arrivals in India, issued by MoHFW and MoCA_GoI        Advisory regarding fake job racket targeting IT skilled youth        Government of India relaxed OCI renewal rules        MEA: RPO, Vijayawada opens Saturday to cater the demand of the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)        Special Entry Darshan Procedure for NRIs        NRIs_National Pension Scheme(NPS) Info & FAQs       

Lost Property Documents

Incase if you have lost your property document like the original sales deed or Patta, you can get the duplicate documents by following the below procedure:

  1. File a complaint with the police
  2. Before applying for duplicate copies, it is mandatory to file an FIR complaint with the police for the lost documents. This should be filed only by the owner of the house stating that the documents were misplaced, lost or stolen. It is also important to keep the complaint paper safe which might be required during property transaction.

  3. Advertise in newspaper
  4. After the police complaint, one should place advertisement in at least one English newspaper and any regional language newspaper about the lost document. The advertiser should wait for 15 days to check if anybody finds and returns the original documents.

  5. Apply for the certified copy
  6. A letter along with duly filled application form 22 should be submitted in the sub-registrar’s office to obtain the certified copy of the documents like the original deed. The form 22 is available in both the sub registrar office and online.

Documents Required:

While submitting the letter, one needs to attach documents like

  • Identity proof
  • Police complaint
  • Other documents to prove ownership

In case of Patta, you need to apply in the revenue office along with above set of documents.



We request you to please raise a service request if you have any further queries. Our 24/7 helpline team will be happy to assist you.